Your cart
is currently empty

St. Joseph's College, Beulah Hill

1855
The College was founded in 1855 when six De La Salle brothers came over from France to set up the first De La Salle school at the ‘Redemptorist St Mary’s Church Elementary school’ in Clapham Old Town. In 1856 the roll had expanded and the school moved to ‘Brooklands’ at 49 Clapham High Street. In 1895, after just over 30 years, the school moved to ‘The Grange’ in Upper Tooting.  A brief stay and financial difficulty led to another move in 1897 to ‘Dane House’ in Denmark Hill. 7 years later, in 1903, the ever-transient brothers bought a beautiful property at Beulah Hill called the ‘Grecian Villa’. It is the gateway for our modern school today and has seen many thousands of De La Salle students pass through it.
 
1903
The present school began its journey on this site in 1903. The Grecian Villa was purchased from a local bookmaker for £8,000. The Villa and its grounds were renovated over the next few months to form classrooms, the playground, dormitories for boarders and a beautiful chapel.
 
1910
In 1910, the South Wing was added to the building and the present chapel was built.

Sort by: